Columbine Research
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Columbine Research

Research and discuss the Columbine High School shooting investigation.

You are not connected. Please login or register

K-12 schools under report crimes including violence

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

RC

RC
Staff

School Crime Reporting and Underreporting

Some highlights:

"In one example, police found and reported 152 weapons during the 2006-07 school year, but the State DOE web site showed zero weapons in the district. The State web site showed 21 school drug cases during that year, while school police reports showed 177 for the same time period."

"...at least 10 schools failed to report incidents in which weapons were involved; schools were allowed to revise their reports with little documentation; and more than 2,300 schools submitted their reports late. A few school officials said they were underreporting because they assumed that neighboring districts were doing the same and they didn’t want to look bad..."

---

I'm not surprised, and it's great to see someone else publishing this information. 20 years ago I had documented the details for every incident of violence I could find, using the DOE's standards, and came up with hundreds of incidents NOT reported by the DOE and the DOJ.

Unlike colleges, there is no federal law mandating that K-12 schools report crimes to the police.

https://researchcolumbine.com/

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum